About Richard Kanani & Co., Conveyancing Solicitors in Hampton Hill
Your transaction will be dealt with by Richard Kanani and Chithra Thavi and Lisa Webster. Chithra is a recently qualified solicitor who joined the firm in 2021 from a practice in Wembley. Lisa is an experienced residential paralegal who has worked at a variety of firms and has over 15 years experience. We are easy to contact whenever you need by telephone or e-mail. If we are unavailable, we always aim to return your calls promptly. We do not ask you to give up your valuable time to attend the office.
In most cases, it is possible to deal with a transaction entirely by e-mail and post or courier either because the client is overseas, cannot make personal calls at work, works shifts or simply because he or she prefers a written record of what has been said.
Our prices are competitive
Our fees start at £995 plus VAT and disbursements for a basic registered freehold sale or purchase not exceeding £250,000. Unlike many firms of solicitors, we do not charge extra for acting on the mortgage or for postage, telephone etc.
We have no hidden charges
We will always tell you the cost before we undertake any work on your behalf. This amount will not be exceeded without your consent. There are no hidden charges.
Members of the Law Society Quality Conveyancing Scheme
We are Members of the Law Society Quality Conveyancing Scheme which is the industry kitemark for standards of quality and excellence.
How we differ from “Conveyancing Superstores”
Many Estate Agents these days have links to vast “conveyancing superstores”. In our opinion, these are not best suited to providing a professional legal service and, in our experience, often provide a low level of client satisfaction. Reasons include:-
- Dealing with a team means you often do not speak to the same person
- Large automated telephone systems mean the familiar problem of being caught in an “electronic maze”
- Often the person dealing with your file will be an unqualified paralegal, not a solicitor or even a legal executive
- Pricing Structure usually means you pay extra for a number of services. These include acting for the mortgage lender, postage, stationery and photo-copying; leasehold information, sometimes even the stamping and registration formalities.
- If you need to see a solicitor personally e.g. because the lender requires the ID to be certified or the mortgage deed
witnessed by the solicitor, you have to pay extra for a local solicitor anyway as these firms are typically based outside London